continued: Pembroke Pines Rehabilitation
Where do the Funds Come From?
These funds are made available through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD’s) Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), and HOME Investments Partnership program (HOME) and the State Housing Initiative Partnership (SHIP) program.
- Income limitations apply
- Must be able to verify income and assets
- The property must be your primary residence
- Assistance is given on a first qualified – first served basis
- Applicants are required to a sign a 15-year recapture document. If you should sell your property, funds go directly back into the program to help another household in the City with home repairs
- Comprehensive home inspection and cost estimates
- Interest-free, deferred loan. No monthly payments. No repayment of loan if program requirements are met
- Use of pre screened licensed and insured general contractors selected through a competitive bidding process
- Assistance with repairs and home improvements without a financial burden to homeowner